Sunday, November 26, 2006

MySpace Spam Blocker?

I'm starting to get sick of MySpace spam. Every time I log on, I get bombarded with messages, invites, and friend requests from people with names like EZGrrrl and PinkFun.

I wonder: Do a lot of guys on MySpace get this junk? And why doesn't MySpace do something about it? Today I got around 50 of these bogus messages. I'm about ready to cancel my account. In the mean time, I will turn off email alerts so that my gmail account doesn't also get flooded.

Does anyone out there have any tips for preventing all the spam on MySpace? I Googled for answers, but found none.

I wonder if there is a market for a MySpace spam blocker. If anyone thinks it's a good idea and would like to help create one, email me with your ideas. I can provide some serious development muscle if someone else out there can provide some infrastructure and/or capital.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I don't get any MySpace spam. Maybe I am not as cool as you.

James said...

Liz - Change your sex to "male" and see what happens :-)